http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/manual/agent/agent-configuration.html
I got really excited when I read this page. I made some changes to files
being watched and was glad I didn't have to hop around to all the agents
and add to the conf files one by one. I edited
/var/ossec/etc/shared/agent.conf with my changes, restarted
/bin/ossec-control to propagate the changes faster, and let it go for a
day. Two days later, checking the md5sum of my local /etc/shared/agent.conf
doesn't match any agent client version.

Should I be checking that still? Or is there a different way to check for
consistency without logging into an agent box?

And where do I start debugging this?