I have a log being written on a different machine via syslog to nfs mounted
log.  Ossec on a different server has the same mount to the nfs and it
appears to be ignoring the log. Soon as I open the log on "vi" then write
it (even with no changes), then ossec all of a sudden kicks in and reads
the whole log from the beginning. This is fine because I have logrotate
rotating the log each day too.

Any idea what is going on here, ie why ossec-logcollector doesnt see the
log entries until i touch the log?

Thanks.