There's a mailing list thread regarding that patch with all the gory
details. This patch has been applied upstream, commit
9152f88ad1af49f1ad78bcaa4751e696254f4a26, so whenever I get around to
packaging 2.8 it will be removed.

https://www.mail-archive.com/ossec-list@googlegroups.com/msg18930.html
--
Later,