Seriously? OSSEC is FAR from a replacement for centralized syslog
server, and to think it is folly IMO. Can OSSEC guarantee it will
receive all incoming logs? Can OSSEC store those logs in multiple
format, text, sql database? How does OSSEC handle the archival of said
logs? I could go on and on.

Syslog can be used to centralize your httpd logs by adding 2 lines for
your apache config. I push this to 100+ apache web servers and my
syslog server happily takes them all, archives them in a structure of
$year/$month/$day/$facility/$facility.log, and stuff them into a SQL
database simultaneously without loosing a message, regardless of how
much it's receiving.

/etc/apache2/conf.d/syslog.conf
ErrorLog syslog:local6
CustomLog "|/bin/logger -t httpd2-prefork -i -p local7.info" vhost_combined

--
Later,
Darin