Hi Andrew,

I really thought I'd published my ossec Puppet module but it's not in
the forge, I'll need to dig into this later, however it's on github if
you want to take a look.

It sounds like you've put in a bit of work but, FWIW, my module will
cover nearly all aspects of ossec's client and server configurations
from passing around the client keys between client and server, can set
all configuration options, alert definitions, syscheck options,
localfile opts, etc, etc.

It supports SUSE and Redhat but adding support for other systems would
be trivial, all you need it an ossec package to install.

https://github.com/deadpoint/ossec
--
Later,
Darin