On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 7:38 AM, jason polachak <jasonpolac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Do you know if OSSEC is able to support these three DoD STIG requirements? I
> am unable to find this out in the documentation. I tried to get an answer
> from the standard contact us email section of OSSEC and they said to post
> here.
>
> The three questions are first, does the file integrity tool configurable to
> verify ACL's. Second, does the file integrity tool able to verify extended

It alerts on changes to basic permissions and ownership on unix-like
systems, not sure about Windows.
I don't think we delve into extended attributes.

> attributes? Lastly, does the file integrity tool use FIPS 140-2 approved
> cryptographic hashes for validating file contents? I have copy and pasted

Not sure about FIPS. One of the file hashes we use is a SHA variant,
but I don't remember which one off hand and wouldn't know if it's FIPS
compliant. I know we haven't been FIPS certificated, so I doubt
anything we use is FIPS compliant anyways.