From: ossec-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:ossec-list@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of horst knete
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:11 AM
To: ossec-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: [ossec-list] Problems importing the client key on Windows Domain
Controllers

hey guys,

i really appreciate the work, that the community does regarding the development
of ossec.

We are using the ossec Server/Agent structure in an productive way in our
company, but we got the problem now, that we cant import the client key of the
ossec agent on windows 2008+ domain controllers.

The problem is very simple:

If you are using the Windows Gui of ossec where you can set the key and the
ossec server ip, this GUI executes the following command on the command line:

ossec-win32ui: INFO: Running the following command (C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
/c echo y|cacls "client.keys" /T /G Administrators:f)

the command would set full control rights to the generated "client,keys" file
to the local administrators group

Unfortunately on Windows domain controllers, there are no local groups and this
given, the creation process of the client,keys fails!

It seems like the command is hard coded on the GUI.

I´ve seen some reports of people that say that they have installed the ossec
agent on some domain controllers and i wonder how they did this.

I really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks