In further troubleshooting email issues I have with a couple of servers not being able to send emails to certain email providers, I have found that OSSEC is actually sending emails, but the other end is rejecting them.

So after installing a local SMTP app for OSSEC to send emails, any emails destined to Fastmail and Google are rejected with this type of message:

< snip >
Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address
< /snip >

Obviously some email providers are not that picky, but is there a way to bypass this without actually setting up a FQDM?

TIA,

--
finid