On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 8:18 AM,  <gr...@castraconsulting.com> wrote:
> I can confirm this to be true, we did an extensive testing running a stock
> 2.7 and 2.8.1 OSSEC install feeding an Alienvault platform and syslog, when
> custom alert is configured, did not work.

Does the alerts.log file contain alerts in the custom format? If so,
GetAlertData() probably doesn't know how to read it.
Instead of messing with that nonsense, I think it'd be better in the
long run for someone to modify csyslogd to read from the zeromq pubsub
and send the syslog alerts based on that information. It should be
simpler than teaching it how to read the alerts.log better.