I package and maintain rpm packages for openSUSE/SLES which are
available in the openSUSE Build System, see the link below for the
project/package. While OBS supports all linux distributions I
currently do have have RHEL distro's enabled since I use the Atomic
repos for the few RHEL systems I manage. Updating the .spec to support
RHEL sysetms should be fairly straight forward if you're interested in
taking a stab at it.

I "mostly" follow what install.sh does but I go beyond what it does
since I wanted packages for the various SQL backends, made OSSEC
install directory LSB complient, /var/lib/ossec, and patch it to NOT
use the supplied zlib but rather zlib which is distributed w/the OS.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/server:monitoring/ossec-hids
--
Later,
Darin