Hi, community!

I have suffer of lacking SIEM system for OSSEC for several years. I tried
Splunk, but it is very expensive. I  also tried OSSEC WebUI, but I deleted
it after few hours. A lot of time I sent OSSEC alerts to Prelude IDS and
used Prewikka as web interface, but it have some bugs and was not actively
developed.

I saw several articles about parsing OSSEC in Logstash and Elasticsearch.
It inspired me to create a batch of configs for parsing OSSEC and Snort
logs.
I created some patterns for parsing OSSEC and Snort alerts and now I plan
to add more possible event sources. I wrote configs for Elasticsearch and
Logstash, made few dashborads for Kibana as main part of WebUI.
Kibana havn't got builtin authentication, so i found another project -
Kibana Authentication Proxy and add it to my configuration too.
I have also create some common model for SIEM messages based on IDMEF class
hierarchy. I hope it will help to normalize events from different sources
to one format. And that will help to analyze and visualize them.

At the end of all that work I have make ansible playbook for easy and fast
deploing all stuff and configs. So, my playbook take all that things
together and run.

Try LightSIEM progect on GitHub https://github.com/dsvetlov/lightsiem

Hope it will help somebody to deploy free and opensource SIEM.

I will be thankful for all your comments, advices and suggestions.