On Sep 9, 2015 8:51 PM, "James Oliver Pormento" <
james.porme...@pointwest.com.ph> wrote:

> HI,
>
> Thank you for the info.
> This is what we've got upon trying "netstat -ulnp":
>
> Active Internet connections (only servers)
> Proto  Recv-Q  Send-Q   Local Address               Foreign
Address             State       PID/Program name
> udp        0       0            xxx.xx.xxx.xxx:1514       0.0.0.0:*
8125/ossec-remoted
> udp        0       0            0.0.0.0:514                     0.0.0.0:*
8126/ossec-remoted

> Does this mean that port 1514 is open but not binding? Or does this mean
something else? Please advise. Thank you.

It looks like you misunderstand your problem. What is the problem you are
having?

> Regards,
>
> James Oliver "J.O." Pormento
> Software Engineer
> Email: james.porme...@pointwest.com.ph
> Website: www.pointwest.com.ph
> Pointwest Innovations Corporation
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:37 PM, <d...@udel.edu> wrote:
>>
>> James Oliver Pormento <james.porme...@pointwest.com.ph> said:
>> >
>> >We have installed OSSEC server v2.8.2 in CentOs. After installation, it
>> >seems that port 1514 is not listening. We used the default port(1514)
>> >during installation. We've tried to check using this command in
>> >CentOs: *netstat
>> >-tlnp |grep 1514* and did not got anything. May we ask the following
>> >questions:
>>
>>     The port is UDP, not TCP.  Try "netstat -ulnp".
>>

>> >1. May we ask if there's another way to make sure that the port is
>> >listening?
>> >2. Do we need to add something in the configuration file or something?
>> >
>> >Please advise. Thank you.
>> >

>> >Regards,
>> >James Oliver B. Pormento
>> >
>> >--
>> >CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and
privileged
>> >material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use,
>> >distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you have
>> >received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately
>> >by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your
>> >computer. There is no warranty that this email is error, virus or defect
>> >free. If this is a private communication it does not represent the
views of
>> >Pointwest Technologies Corporation or their related entities.
>> >
>> >--
>> >
>> >---
an em
>> >ail to ossec-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> >
>> >--047d7bf198ea8adf71051f4999a3

v2.8.=
>> >2 in CentOs. After installation, it seems that port 1514 is not
listening. =
>> >We used the default port(1514) during installation. We&#39;ve tried to
chec=
>> >k using this command in CentOs: <i>netstat -tlnp |grep 1514</i> and did
not=
>> > got anything. May we ask the following questions:<br><br>1. May we ask
if =
>> >there&#39;s another way to make sure that the port is listening?<br
clear=
dir=3D"ltr=
dir=3D"ltr"><div><d=
need t=
>> >o add something in the configuration file or
face=3D"arial,helvetica,sans-serif"><br><br>Regar=
face=3D"arial,helvetica,sans-serif">James Ol=
face=3D"arial,helvetica,sa=
style=

style=3D"color:rgb(153,153,153);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-siz=
>> >e:x-small;background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e=
>> >mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of t=
>> >he intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by ot=
>> >hers is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
err=
>> >or, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the
message a=
>> >nd any file attachments from your computer. There is no warranty that
this =
>> >email is error, virus or defect free. If this is a private
communication it=
>> > does not represent the views of Pointwest Technologies Corporation or
thei=
>> >r related entities.</span>

>> >-- <br />
>> >You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups &=