Hi Daniel,

I havent' tested it but maybe you can set USER_INSTALL_TYPE to "hybrid" in
the preloaded-vars.conf file. Find it here:

https://github.com/ossec/ossec-hids/blob/master/etc/preloaded-vars.conf.example

What OSSEC version are you trying to build? Also remember that OSSIM plugin
needs to read a custom output, which is included in ossec.conf
configuration this way:

<custom_alert_output>AV - Alert - "$TIMESTAMP" --> RID: "$RULEID"; RL:
"$RULELEVEL"; RG: "$RULEGROUP"; RC: "$RULECOMMENT"; USER: "$DSTUSER";
SRCIP: "$SRCIP"; HOSTNAME: "$HOSTNAME"; LOCATION: "$LOCATION"; EVENT:
"[INIT]$FULLLOG[END]"; </custom_alert_output>

If you don't use this output the regular expressions the plugin uses won't
be able to parse ossec alerts. Not sure how this would work with Syslog (I
would say that it probably modifies the output).

My advice would be to use an alternative way to read this data. Maybe
mounting a small NFS partition on your OSSIM box, so the plugin can read
ossec alerts file directly.

Best

Santiago.