Hi Barry,

if you want to see the rules generated by active response you must watch
the active response log (as it said Dan):
  <localfile>
    <log_format>syslog</log_format>
    <location>/var/ossec/logs/active-responses.log</location>
  </localfile>

Now, you will see in archives.log (with option <logall>yes</logall>) the
log received:
2016 Feb 23 10:59:06 LinMV->/var/ossec/logs/active-responses.log Tue Feb 23
10:59:04 UTC 2016 /var/ossec/active-response/bin/xxxxx.sh add - -
1456225144.17818 RULEID

Then, if that log matches with some rule
<https://github.com/wazuh/ossec-rules/blob/7b02b8cc8cb64d1ddfdff8161d4ff7d155746020/rules-decoders/ossec/rules/ossec_rules.xml#L297>,

you will see the alert in alerts.log.

It's up to you to generate rules to track the active responses.

I hope that helps.

Regards.
Jesus Linares.