Resurrecting this one from the dead.  This rule is a problem for me. I am
seeing many false positives (FP).  Here is one such example:

Mar 18 06:49:17 linuxhost tac_plus[97654]: login failure: root 192.168.1.50
>> (192.168.1.50) 52209
>
> Mar 18 06:49:17 linuxhost tac_plus[97654]: login failure: root
>> 192.168.1.50 (192.168.1.50) 52209
>
> 2016 Mar 17 09:49:15 WinEvtLog: Security: AUDIT_SUCCESS(4722):
>> Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing: (no user): no domain:
>> WINDOWSHOST.domain-internal.com.internal: A user account was enabled.
>> Subject: Security ID: S-1-5-XX-XXXSIDXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXX
>> Account Name: username Account Domain: DOMAIN-INTERNAL Logon ID: 0x2xxXXXX
>> Target Account: Security ID:
>> S-1-5-XX-XXXSIDXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXX Account Name:
>> VM01XXXX-XXXXXX$ Account Domain: DOMAIN-INTERNAL

As you can see this is an obvious FP.

Can someone weigh in here on how we can remediate these issues?  Some days
we see 100+ FP's.

Thanks in advance,

Dustin