Over the past several years, I have submitted diff's for InstallServer.sh and InstallAgent.sh to make the users and group be in the range for system users/groups.

I use openSUSE that has always supported the '-r' flag in the "groupadd" and "useradd" commands. Even though I don't use other distributions, I have been unable to find a distribution that does not support system users/groups.

I can continue to patch my installations to do this; however, since my checks for support and use of the flag would work on any system that doesn't support it, I would really like to have it included.

I am also planning on switching to wazuh for ossec-hid, would I submit a get request to ossec or wazuh?

Regards,

Dennis
--
Dennis Golden