Hi Joe,

Apologies for the late reply.

Basically, there is a file here:
/var/ossec/etc/internal_options.conf

It contains these parameters:
syscheck.sleep=2
syscheck.sleep_after=15

By changing those it is possible to decrease the time of any syscheck
considerably.

I think it is possible to run a md5 checksum against a set of files and
compare it to the ones listed in a file as a one liner bash shell command
within the OSSEC server in the following way:
https://blog.rootshell.be/2011/10/25/detecting-defaced-websites-with-ossec/

Do you think the above sounds reasonable?

Cheers,
Tahir