Hi Brad,

Taking a look at C code, it seems like it is using "OS_Regex" between the
group list (rules_group tag) and the actual rule group, meaning that maybe
we can use regular expression in <rules_group> tag (C lines: here
<https://github.com/wazuh/ossec-wazuh/blob/27930107d9f71550177ebd485f885515ca5cb619/src/analysisd/rules.c#L1769-L1774>
).

I don't have enough time today for trying it but give it a try to this
configuration:

<active-response>
  <command>ipv6-subnet-log</command>
  <location>local</location>
  <rules_group>authentication_failed|invalid_login</rules_group>
</active-response>

Best regards,
Pedro S.