Hi Sean,

it seems that agent_config name
<https://github.com/wazuh/wazuh/blob/master/src/config/config.c#L224> is
checked by the function OS_Match2
<https://github.com/wazuh/wazuh/blob/master/src/os_regex/os_match.c#L22> which
only matches strings with *^*, *$* or *|* special characters. So, you can
not use regex in the name.

I recommend you to use profiles in your agents, define your production
servers with the profile "production", the development server with "dev"
and so on.

Example:

*production agent*

<ossec_config>
  <client>
    <server-ip>10.0.0.220</server-ip>
    <config-profile>centos, centos7, production</config-profile>
  </client>

*agent.conf*
<agent_config profile="production">

I hope it helps.