Hi,

I have not used databases in OSSEC, but you can choose the type in the
configuration:

<ossec_config>
    <database_output>
        <hostname>192.168.2.30</hostname>
        <username>ossecuser</username>
        <password>ossecpass</password>
        <database>ossec</database>
        <type>mysql</type>
    </database_output>
</ossec_config>

In order to use databases, you must compile OSSEC with database support:
# cd ossec-hids-*
# cd src; make setdb; cd ..
# ./install.sh
# /var/ossec/bin/ossec-control enable database

Also, you can do it with:
# make TARGET=server DATABASE=mysql install

Documentation:
http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manual/output/database-output.html
http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manual/output/mysql-database-output.html
http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manual/output/pgsql-database-outout.html