Hello Dan,

Thanks for the <time> option.

I failed to used it.
Here is what's I did :

* Edit file etc/ossec.conf
* Add in <ossec_config/rules> the line : <include>my_rules.xml</include>

* File rules/my_rules.xml :

> <group name="local,syslog,access_control,">
>
>   <rule id="2300010" level="10">
>     <if_sid>2501</if_sid>
>     <time>19:00 - 07:00</time>
>     <description>Not allowed time slot</description>
>   </rule>
> </group>
>
> <!-- EOF -->

I've tested the following messages with ossec-logtest :

===
Dec  5 13:26:42 test-computer pam: gdm-password:
pam_unix(gdm-password:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0
tty=:0 ruser= rhost=  user=foo
===
**Phase 1: Completed pre-decoding.
       full event: 'Dec  5 13:26:42 test-computer pam: gdm-password:
pam_unix(gdm-password:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0
tty=:0 ruser= rhost=  user=foo'
       hostname: 'test-computer'
       program_name: 'pam'
       log: 'gdm-password: pam_unix(gdm-password:auth): authentication
failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=:0 ruser= rhost=  user=foo'

**Phase 2: Completed decoding.
       No decoder matched.

**Phase 3: Completed filtering (rules).
       Rule id: '2501'
       Level: '5'
**Alert to be generated.

It's the nominal case. all is ok.

===
Dec  5 03:26:42 test-computer pam: gdm-password:
pam_unix(gdm-password:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0
tty=:0 ruser= rhost=  user=foo
===

**Phase 1: Completed pre-decoding.
       full event: 'Dec  5 03:26:42 test-computer pam: gdm-password:
pam_unix(gdm-password:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0
tty=:0 ruser= rhost=  user=foo'
       hostname: 'test-computer'
       program_name: 'pam'
       log: 'gdm-password: pam_unix(gdm-password:auth): authentication
failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=:0 ruser= rhost=  user=foo'

**Phase 2: Completed decoding.
       No decoder matched.

**Phase 3: Completed filtering (rules).
       Rule id: '2501'