I intend to set up OSSEC and noticed there seem to be two main flavours:
regular *OSSEC* and *Wazuh* fork.

>From what I've been able to gather, the main advantages of Wazuh are:

   - its ability to integrate with ELK
   - an improved ruleset
   - restful API

I have no interest in using ELK for this project, but we already have a
preexisting graylog instance that I'd like to hook up with OSSEC, which
should be possible in regular OSSEC using syslog cef format, according to
this: https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog-guide-ossec.

I assume I can still use the improved ruleset even if I run regular OSSEC,
atleast I haven't seen anything that indicates otherwise.

As for the restful API, I'm still very inexperienced and I've only recently
heard about REST - I don't even know how I would begin putting it to use -
so I'm not sure if I should use the Wazuh fork just for that.

The objective is to run OSSEC agents on the machines in our cloud
environment and point them to an OSSEC Server in a machine that's already
being used for log management and monitoring on the same network .

Are there any other advantages to running Wazuh instead of regular OSSEC?
Is there much of a performance difference? Anything else I should take into
consideration?