I am running an OSSEC server in each of my two data centers.  In one data
center, the server will stop the ossec-remoted service multiple times a
week.  There is nothing in /var/ossec/logs/ossec.log to indicate why.  I
get the following output when running /var/ossec/bin/ossec-control status:

ossec-remoted: Process XXXXX not used by ossec, removing ..
ossec-remoted not running…

This situation, of course, results in loss of communication with all
agents.

I can mitigate the impact by running a cron job that restarts ossec-remoted
but this only masks the underlying problem.  I have searched Google but
have not found a way in which to isolate the source of this problem and am
hoping someone monitoring the list can provide a possible solution.

Regards,