Hi,

I think I just found out.

Since Im running OSSEC on Server 2012 and in order to correctly view Event
Viewer logs, I switched "eventlog" to "eventchannel" on ossec.conf event
viewer settings. Witch, according to the OSSEC documentation, uses the
"new" Event API for log translation.

http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/syntax/head_ossec_config.localfile.html

Now, for troubleshooting I rolled back and it started working normally with
normal disk consumption.

I guess it’s this setting. However, I really needed it K otherwise I won’t
be able to retrieve all the information from the event viewer logs.