Hi,

you can find information about the precedence of* agent.conf *and
*ossec.conf*
here:
https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/reference/centralized-configuration.html#precedence

The *alert_new_files *setting is only valid for manager.

keep in mind that the first time that syscheck is executed (Monday -
08.00), it will create the database, so you will see alerts about changes
the next time that syscheck runs (Tuesday - 08.00).

I hope it helps.