http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/syntax/head_ossec_config.alerts.html

So if I understand this correctly, based on the default 'alert levels'
defined in the ossec.conf file on the Ossec server, I just need to edit
individual rule levels in the xml rule files located in /var/ossec/rules/
on my Ossec server, and there's currently only 3 levels that matter.
0 = no alert
1 = display the logs
7 = trigger an email

As long as my desired rule definitions are already listed in the rule files
located on the Ossec server, I don't need to do anything custom on the
agents (clients)?