Hello All,
I am trying out Ossec with Security Onion. I manually installed the ossec
windows agent (v.2.9.3)  on one of my Windows client pc, did the necessary
config and restarted the service.  From the Ossec server,  the agent ID
shows connected. So far so good.
Now for centralized agent config, i created /var/ossec/etc/shared/agent.conf
on the server put in a stanza for "os=windows" and restarted the ossec
server.  However even after waiting about 10 mins i don't see the
agent.conf file created on my Windows client PC under C:\..\shared\
folder.  The agent log on the client shows this msg
" Error XMLERR file shared/agent.conf not found".

So I went ahead and manually created agent.conf on the windows client and
restarted the agent again.  The XML not found error did not show up this
time but the file remains empty. It is not syncing / getting the updates
from the ossec server's agent.conf

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks
Neeraj