Thanks to your help, I was able to help clear up errors when I restarted
configuration and then learned more about Centralized configuration here:
https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/reference/centralized-configuration.html.

I still cannot get the Ubuntu client to take the central server's
agent.conf.  The file version never changes on the client and I basically
gave up on that after reading many articles with people with complaints
about how well that worked.  I think I will just stick to configuring the
OSSEC.conf file on each agent and doing it that way.

I think i'll wait until 3.1 shows up on the downloads section before
installing that, but it looks like it solves a lot of bugs so that's
promising.