Hello all,

Im running ossec 3.3 from source with a "local" installation on ubuntu 18.04.

Since some days ossec generates a new process every minute and I dont know why.

I looked to active-response log, alerts and ossec log but can not find a hint what can cause this.

I did a reinstall from fresh source, same. Running exec with -d but nothing was told...

Stopping ossec runs but after a min the ossec-execd is alive again. Why?

Are there any events that ossec start a new execd?

Can someone help?

Tia

Stefan