Hello everyone,

Let's say I have a firewall that I want to configure to send it's logs to
my OSSEC server.

I know that I can simply configure my firewall to send logs to my OSSEC
server's IP and the ossec server like this:

<remote>
    <connection>syslog</connection>
    <allowed-ips>{FIREWALL_IP}</allowed-ips>
</remote>

The thing is that this is an insecure connection and the logs are being
sent unencrypted.

In OSSEC's documentation it states that there is also the
<connection>secure</connection> option that uses authentication and
encryption for the logs and receives logs at port 1514.

I set my firewall to send remote logs to OSSEC server's IP:1514 but I am
not seeing the logs at archives.logs (I check the traffic on 1514 port and
I indeed receive traffic from the firewall, although it's not logged)

So I guess that the whole "secure" thing to work needs some kind of
authentication as I stated before.

My question is how do I actually configure that? On the firewall, and on
the OSSEC server?

Any answers or suggestions are appreciated!