On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 4:29 AM lê danh <conme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a new user, I just have ossec installed and I want to try its email
> feature. I have configured the email address in ossec.conf as follows:
>
> <ossec_config>
>    <global>
>      <email_notification> yes </email_notification>
>      <email_to> conme...@gmail.com </email_to>
>      <smtp_server> alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. </smtp_server>
>      <email_from> ossecm @ ubuntu </email_from>
>    </global>
>
> <email_alerts>
>    <email_to> conme...@gmail.com </email_to>
>    <level> 5 </level>
> </email_alerts>
>
> and expect to receive email alerts at level 5 or higher, but the error has
> occurred as follows:
> 2020/07/06 02:51:42 ossec-maild (1261): ERROR: Waiting for child process.
> (status: 139).
> 2020/07/06 02:51:42 ossec-maild (1223): ERROR: Error Sending email to
> alt4.gmail-smtp
>
> It didn't work, I hope everyone can help me fix this problem as soon as
> possible. Sincerely thank you.

I'm pretty sure gmail requires authentication. So you'll have to relay
the OSSEC emails through an smtp server that doesn't require auth.
Luckily, the OSSEC server is running on a Linux or other unix-like
system. An smtpd usually comes installed on the good ones.
Configure the locally installed smtpd to relay the messages through gmail.