Hi Peter,

These three users allow the ossec processes to be executed with limited
privileges and chrooted to directories to ensure the highest privileges
separation that would allow them to fulfill their function.
Depending on the specific CIS benchmark you are running, and the policy
which is warning about this the rational may vary, but for example on the
Distribution Independent Benchmark version 2.0.0  policy 6.2.9: "Ensure
users own their home directories" will complain because /var/ossec is the
folder for these three system users but the folder is owned by root.
The rationale for this check is that each user should be accountable for
the files in their home directory, however, given that root privileges are
necessary for enacting changes within these folders, the policy may be
ignored.
Let me know if this answers your question, if not let us know which is the
policy that is being triggered.

Best Regards,
Sandra