Hi Folks,

I have been trying to install ossec agent 3.6 on ubuntu 20.4 and each time
I try starting the service, I get the error " ERROR: Queue
'/var/ossec/queue/ossec/queue' not accessible: 'Connection refused'." I
have tried this on a fresh install a couple of times with the same results.
I tried on ubuntu 18.4 with ossec version 3.1 with the same results.

I even checked the wiki article
https://www.ossec.net/docs/faq/unexpected.html but this has been of no
help. According to the DOC " It means that ossec-analysisd is not running
for some reason which could be because ossec-analysisd didn’t start
properly or ossec-analysisd didn’t start at all.

In my case when I tried starting ossec-analysisd manually, I found it
wasn't installed at all. Both Ubuntu versions with two different agent
versions resulted in the same error. In ossec documentation, they don't say
how one could manually install ossec.

Any help would be greatly appreciated