On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Nadav Har'El <n...@scylladb.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I committed this.
>
> In February, Rean Griffith <rg2...@caa.columbia.edu> sent patch titled
> "Generalize
> nodejs build to support recent versions (6.9.5 LTS and 7.5.0 latest)" which
> enabled even later versions. He ended up needed several different patch
> scripts for different versions, but I suspect that this might not be
> necessary after I added support for nearbyint(). I also had several other
> reservations on that patch, which is why it wasn't committed.
>
> Did you also try more recent versions and failed? Or did you really want
> to run 6.10 in particular?

So I tried 7.10.0, and compilation failed with duplicate symbols. Since
compilation failed, not running, it's not an OSv bug but may be the "patch"
file is broken somehow? I didn't investigate further.

By the way:

1. The "nearbyint" change is no longer needed since nearbyint() is already
supported (commit db4a954fc5bebf02a0ad38b2323f874ed05c8c5f)

2. Rean also had the following in "patch" - we should probably add it too:

+# OSv always returns the path "/dev/console" for the ttyname for any fd
+# passed in
+# (https://github.com/cloudius-systems/osv/blob/master/libc/
unistd/ttyname_r.c)
+# so it's possible for stdin(0), stdout(1) etc. to be passed into
uv_tty_init
+# and then closed later in uv_close, which would trigger this assert
+# unnecessarily on OSv
+[ -f deps/uv/src/unix/core.c ] && ed -s deps/uv/src/unix/core.c <<EOF
+,s/assert(fd > STDERR_FILENO);/;/
+w
+EOF