On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Rick Payne (Offshore) <
ri...@rossfell.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 17 Aug 2017, at 06:43, Rick Payne (Offshore) <ri...@rossfell.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > Does carp run on Freebsd or is it just OpenBSD? That has to solve a
> similar issue, namely sending announcements to a multicast address on a
> particular interface. I’ll investigate that to see if there is a more
> bad-friendly way to do this.
>
> An alternative is to use libpcap - is that supported?

I don't remember what libpcap uses on Linux. Please try :-)

If I remember correctly (I have't touched this stuff in two decades ;-)),
libpcap was implemented on BSD using a "BPF" (Berkeley Packet Filter)
bytecode language. I don't think we ever made any effort to make this work
on OSv, and looking now at the code, it seems to be #if 0'ed out, so it
will take some work to revive.