On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 6:35 AM, Waldek Kozaczuk <jwkozac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think I have gotten to the point where Go work reasonably well on OSv so
> I will be sending the patches. Here is the order of the patches and how I
> am planning to break them down:
>
>    - Add missing SYSCALLs to linux.cc
>    - SYSCALL stack switch logic
>    - Add libvdso.so
>    - Support passing arguments passing like argv, argc, page size to
>    shared library init function
>    - Add hostname to procfs
>    - Add libc/getrandom.cc and corresponding functions
>    - Support mmap with MADV_RANDOM
>    - Tweak futex SYSCALL implementation
>
> Please let me know if you think I should organize them differently.

Thanks! You might want to order these in the order of "least resistance",
i.e., things which are obvious and have no downsides, we can get in even
before the more controversial stuff - so that only the controversial stuff
remains in the queue for long, instead of having 20 uncommitted patches,
we'll have just 3 ;-)

If you can, please search the mailing list archives for my old comments on
some of Benoit's patches, on some of these I had comments which might still
be relevant.
If you can figure out ways to make the changes harmless to non-Go
workloads, that would be great (e.g., one thing that would be nice to
figure out is how to not allocate a systemcall stack for every single
thread in the system).

I seem to remember there were some important TLS-related patches from
Benoit, on the order of when the TLS variables were allocated or
initialized or something, which was rather ugly. Don't you still need those
patches? It's been a long time now, so I don't remember the details,
unfortunately.

Nadav.