On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 10:22 PM, Waldek Kozaczuk <jwkozac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I forgot about mentioning Benoit. Shall I add "Signed by" him line or
> mention that he is the author of most changes?

I'm not sure "signed-off-by" is supposed to indicates authorship. You can
perhaps just add a textual line (or, Benoit, any other mechanism you
prefer?)

> I am not sure about sys_ioctl - I simply copied it from Benoit's branch.
> I will look into it.

Thanks. It looks weird :-)

>>> Why didn't you just  take a sigset_t *sig and pass it on to pselect()?
>>> Why was it important to check that sig==0?
>>>

>> I think I figured it out... Acording to select(2),

>> *The  final  argument  of the pselect6() system call is not a sigset_t
>> *       pointer, but is instead a structure of the form:           struct
>> {               const kernel_sigset_t *ss;   /* Pointer to signal set
>> */               size_t ss_len;               /* Size (in bytes) of
>> object                                               pointed to by 'ss'
>> */           };       This allows the system call to obtain both a pointer
>> to the signal  set       and  its size, while allowing for the fact that
>> most architectures sup‐       port a maximum of 6 arguments to a system
>> call.  See sigprocmask(2) for       a  discussion  of  the difference
>> between the kernel and libc notion of       the signal set.*
>>
>> Perhaps you should mention this in a comment explaining why we're
>> defering implementing this to later?
>>
>> Essentially I did not feel like implementing it as it was not needed by
> golang so I simply wanted to indicate that part was not implemented. Also
> as I understand pselect is not as widely used as new epoll. Above all I am
> focused to getting golang supported so I did not want to spend extra time
> figuring this part of the pselect implementation.

Yes, that's perfectly fine. So please just add a comment in the code
reminding us why it's complicated, in case we do want to implement it later.
Also, please use WARN_ONCE instead of debug_always(), so if a code loops on
pselect6, the message only gets printed once (it will still fail every
time, just not print a message).

Thanks,
Nadav.