On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:12 PM, Geraldo Netto <geraldone...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> Let me redo the patches
> I'll redo per distribution because there are some more packages to add
> So, please, disregard the changes the patches about unzip/wget
>
> I have tested the changes on Debian 9.3, Ubuntu Trusty and Mint 18.3
> Also, I noticed ARM 64 support is included only in RedHat based linux
> Why is it so? Any kind of technical reason?

Nobody ever tried to make an effort to make the list of packages needed on
different
distros to be consistent... It's just that people who saw something was
missing sent
patches - and what they saw missing was based on what they tried to
compile, and
what they already had installed on their machine, by chance. I guess that
nobody
ever tried to cross compile for ARM (make arch=aarch64) on Ubuntu. I don't
even
know if Ubuntu has the cross-compiler packages - I never tried to check.

Whatever patches you propose to setup.py, please try to run them on the
affected
distros to see it really works. Thanks!

> At this moment, I'll not add gcc to ARM 64 on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint
> Once I'm mainly focusing on X86 64

Ok.

> Also, for Debian specifically there is this libicu issue
> Still have no feedback from Debian guys how we could proceed

I don't know. I haven't used Debian in more than a decade ;-)