On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 5:25 AM, Geraldo Netto <geraldone...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I know I should be RTFM'ing the code
> But just a quick doubt, do we always use cloud-init
> even for deployments that are not related to EC2?

No - cloud-init is a separate module that can be added, or not added, by
scripts/build.

That being said, while "scripts/build image=rogue" does not include
cloud-init, using the word "modules"
instead of image: "scripts/build modules=rogue" does include "default
modules" listed in config.json (currently cloud-init and httpserver).

The reason why both options exist is historic, and explained in commit
b721524169e218c1c427aa285d6aa7cb34fe5fca

Personally, I recommend only "scripts/build image=..." and if you want
cloud-init, add it yourself to the list.

> Do you see any problem if I try to upgrade json11 library in it?

Why bother?

> I didn't check all the changelog, but I see it's still actively maintained
> So, probably, there are many fixes once json11 on cloud-init is from 2014
> something while we have a new version from months ago

I don't know. Some things are just good enough. the JSON format hasn't
changed from 2014. Unless they found some bugs since 2014, I don't see
what's the point.