On Thu, 2019-01-24 at 16:28 +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> Before I invest too much more time into trying to think if there's a
> case you missed, can you please confirm or deny that this bug happens
> only in the futex-with-timeout use case?

Unfortunately, I can't at the moment. Its an erlang based application,
so I've no idea what the erts (virtual machine runtime) is doing
beneath our code. As I've not got it trapped in gdb yet, I don't know
how that futex is being used.

The erts/beam code is pretty complex to follow, but looking at
 erts/include/internal/pthread/ethr_event.h, I can see that it may be
calling futex with a timeout. Still investigating though.

Rick