I am running a Golang application on OSv under firecracker. Occasionally
(it's proving difficult to reproduce reliably) I see an assertion failure
early in the OSv startup sequence. The console output for my release build
is as follows:

OSv v0.55.0-168-g31a04239
1 CPUs detected
Firmware vendor: Unknown
bsd: initializingAssertion failed: sched::preemptable() (arch/x64/mmu.cc:
page_fault: 37)

[backtrace]

It appears to be hitting the assert well before my go application is
launched, so my impression is that this isn't being caused by anything my
application is doing, though I haven't been able to prove that the same
behaviour occurs with a base image (no apps included).

As you can see the backtrace is empty (perhaps that's the norm for a
release build?), so there are no additional clues. If I can find a way to
reproduce with a debug build and/or with a base image, I will update this
thread.

In most cases, my OSv image starts up without issue and in those cases, the
console output around the same area looks as follows:

OSv v0.55.0-168-g31a04239
1 CPUs detected
Firmware vendor: Unknown
bsd: initializing - done
VFS: mounting ramfs at /
VFS: mounting devfs at /dev
net: initializing - done

I can see there are numerous previous discussions around the page fault
when preemption is disabled assertion, but these seem to be tied to
application behaviour.
Is an assert during "bsd: Initializing" a known issue for which there is
already a patch?

Otherwise, if there is additional info. that I can capture to help isolate
the cause, let me know.