I'm back with a fresh distribution, following those steps :

https://wiki.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php/OTB_development_on_Linux

running this line:
cmake /opt/OTB/source -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/OTB-5.4.0-xdk-Linux64

i get this :

I've this cmake error :
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:24 (project):
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

I have gcc-5 installed,

could you help me finishing this install?

(or maybe give me the best simple way to install everything in an easy
way....)

thanks in advance,

BB

> otb 5.8
>
> I surely made a big mess during the install, rusty from 4month far away
> from computers,
> could you give me a simple way to "clean everything" and make a "clean
> (from scratch) build"?

>> This behaviour can have multiple causes related to how you build OTB on
>> your system.
>>

>> What version of OTB do you build ? Is it a clean (from scratch) build ?
>> Or did you git pull & make several time in the same build directory ?
>>

>> Can you post the result of
>>

>> $ ls lib/ (in build directory)
>>
>> $ ldd lib/otb/applications/libOTBTrainImagesClassifier.so (in build
>> directory)
>>

>> And also give some more details on which third party libs you are using ?
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Julien

For more options, visit this group at