Thank you Manuel and Jordi!  I appreciate the help.
After reading the documentation and following your example Manuel, I
understand the extended filename concept and syntax.  However, I have not
achieved the desired result.  There is a resulting reader (unknown value
for r4) and write error.  It does however output all bands similar to the
default.  No matter what list of bands I specify (r1,r,2 or r1:r3, etc),
the output included all default bands.

Maybe "bands" is not the correct key.

I will revisit again later.

Thank you for your help!

Frank

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 3:46 AM, Manuel Grizonnet <
manuel.grizon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> to select only one bands from the output you can use the extended filename
> mechanism which allows to add options to the input/output filename. You
> need to use the
>
> For instance In your case instead of setting the output filename to
> haralick.tif, set haralick.tif?&bands=r4 to write only the Inverse
> Difference Moment.
>
> You can also write range of bands, crop the input with the box option...
>
> Please check the documentation :
>
> https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/CookBook/OTB-Applications.
> html#extended-filenames
>

> Let me know if it works.

>> I implemented the most obvious workaround by splitting the resulting
>> texture image and then using the texture feature that I needed.  Attached
>> is my screenshot of my water-vegetation-texture stack.
>> Good job OTB-Developers!  Coming from the commercial side of things, my
>> initial thoughts are that the layout is very slick.  OTB has more up to
>> date functionality than ERDAS as this point.
>>
>> Happy Holidays to everyone!  Love your neighbor!
>>
>> -Frank Obusek
>> Geospatial Solutions Engineer
>>

>> On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 4:45:21 PM UTC-5, Frank Obusek wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello OTBers!
>>> I see that when generating texture derivatives using the Haralick
>>> Texture Extraction tool, the default output includes all texture channels.
>>> In the case of Simple Haralick Texture Features: it outputs an 8 layer
>>> (channel) file containing all the texture features.
>>>
>>> How do I select only one texture channel?  Instead of outputting all 8,
>>> I only want one texture channel.  In this case, Inverse Difference Moment
>>> which is the 4th texture feature listed.  I tried modifying the Selected
>>> Channel input parameter and the Histogram number of bin parameter, but
>>> getting an error.
>>>

>>> Frank Obusek
>>>
>>> --
>> --
>> Check the OTB FAQ at
>> http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html

>> http://groups.google.com/group/otb-users?hl=en
>> ---
>> "otb-users" group.
>> email to otb-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>

> --
> Manuel Grizonnet
>
> --
> --
> Check the OTB FAQ at
> http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/otb-users?hl=en
> ---
> Google Groups "otb-users" group.
> topic/otb-users/V0qDs0geHAw/unsubscribe.
> otb-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Frank Obusek
Geospatial Solutions Engineer
On-call Consultant, Remote Sensing