I had the same trouble.  I am using Windows 10 and downloaded the binaries
and unzipped the contents to a folder on my C drive C:\OTB620\.
>From QGIS I selected the Processing > Options menu.  I expanded the
Providers and Orfeo Toolbox.  Then I Activated the check box and set the
direct paths for OTB Applications folder and OTB command line tools folder
to C:\OTB620\bin.  I am NOT SURE if this is correct though, but now my
Orfeo functions are available from the QGIS Toolbox.
See screenshot.  I hope this helps!

-Frank

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 1:31:58 PM UTC-5, Natasha
gregory-michelman wrote:

> I am having the same trouble. I have QGIS v 2.18.4 installed but cannot
> access otb. I'm wondering which are the individual otb plugins that you
> selected and also, do I have to set the libraries and paths? How is that
> done in QGIS?
>
> Thankyou,
>
> ~Natasha
>
> On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 5:28:46 AM UTC-5, Mohamed Khalfan wrote:
>>
>> Could any one help me to configure OTB in my QGIS software? I have tried
>> many times but not successful.

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html

For more options, visit this group at