I'm not sure what I did, but the OTB Learning functions are working great
from within QGIS Processing Toolbox.  I hope to make some demonstration
videos to demonstrate more of the machine learning functionality in OTB so
that a GIS Ninja can understand it.
Windows 10. QGIS 2.18.5.  OTB 6.2.0.

Frank

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 10:38:28 AM UTC-5, Frank Obusek wrote:

> I should add that I'm running OTB 6.2.0 on Windows. I see the
> TrainImagesClassifier was a problem in 5.10, which states that it was set
> to false and should not be a required parameter.  However I still see the
> error.
>
> On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 2:43:17 PM UTC-5, Frank Obusek wrote:
>>
>> I'm working through this problem myself with Windows 10 QGIS 2.18.5.
>> I am running the SVM, but getting a sequence of errors.
>> Fist error was the "sample.edg".  Then reading through this thread, I was
>> able to get through that error, but now I get the "ERROR: Parameter
>> -classifier.svm.m does not exist in the application.", which appears to me
>> that QGIS is not seeing the Application correctly?
>> I have Activated the OTB Tools correctly as explained in another thread.
>>
>> I can't seem to get through this.
>>
>> Any further thoughts?
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 2:04:16 PM UTC-4, Monika wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I am new to OTB. I'm using it within QGIS and when I'm trying to do a
>>> Random Forest classification following this tutorial
>>> <https://reddguianashield.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/tutorial_supervised_classification_onfi.pdf>
>>>
>>> I get this error:
>>>

>>> *ERROR: option -sample.edg does not exist in the application.This is the
>>> TrainImagesClassifier application, version 5.10.1 *
>>>
>>> What is sample.edg? How can I fix it?

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html

For more options, visit this group at