Almost forgot.

I am using Mac OS High Sierra, 4 cores, and the superbuild option.  I am
stuck at 14%.  Do I need to install Homebrew to get it resolved or is there
any other place I should post it.

Thanks

On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 12:17:33 PM UTC-4, Shaffiq Somani wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build the OTB Toolbox, using CMAKE.  However,  the QT5 had
> an installation failure which is listed below.  Has anyone had the issue
> and know how to resolve it for the MAC OS High Sierra.  I am following the
> command lines from
>
> https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/SoftwareGuide/SoftwareGuidech2.html
>

> *Terminal Error*
>
> CMake Error at
> /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/src/QT5-stamp/QT5-build-Release.cmake:16
> (message):
>
>   Command failed: 2
>

>    '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make'
>

>   See also
>

>     /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/src/QT5-stamp/QT5-build-*.log
>

> make[2]: *** [QT5/src/QT5-stamp/QT5-build] Error 1
>
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/QT5.dir/all] Error 2
>
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> *QT5-build-err.log*
>
> ld: warning: direct access in function 'QHash<QString,
> int>::insert(QString const&, int const&)' from file
> '/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Bootstrap.a(qcommandlineparser.o)'
>
> to global weak symbol 'QHash<QString, int>::deleteNode2(QHashData::Node*)'
> from file '.obj/rcc.o' means the weak symbol cannot be overridden at
> runtime. This was likely caused by different translation units being
> compiled with different visibility settings.
>
> ld: warning: direct access in function 'QHash<QString,
> int>::insert(QString const&, int const&)' from file
> '/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Bootstrap.a(qcommandlineparser.o)'
>
> to global weak symbol 'QHash<QString, int>::deleteNode2(QHashData::Node*)'
> from file '.obj/rcc.o' means the weak symbol cannot be overridden at
> runtime. This was likely caused by different translation units being
> compiled with different visibility settings.
>
> ld: warning: direct access in function 'QHash<QString,
> int>::insert(QString const&, int const&)' from file
> '/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Bootstrap.a(qcommandlineparser.o)'
>
> to global weak symbol 'QHash<QString, int>::duplicateNode(QHashData::Node*,
> void*)' from file '.obj/rcc.o' means the weak symbol cannot be overridden
> at runtime. This was likely caused by different translation units being
> compiled with different visibility settings.
>
> ld: warning: direct access in function
> 'QCommandLineParserPrivate::~QCommandLineParserPrivate()' from file
> '/Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/build/QT5/build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Bootstrap.a(qcommandlineparser.o)'
>
> to global weak symbol 'QHash<QString, int>::deleteNode2(QHashData::Node*)'
> from file '.obj/rcc.o' means the weak symbol cannot be overridden at
> runtime. This was likely caused by different translation units being
> compiled with different visibility settings.
>
> ld: warning: linking against a dylib which is not safe for use in
> application extensions: /Users/shaffiqsomani/OTB/install/lib/libz.dylib

> [...]

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/otb-users?hl=en