I came to that assumption after reading this post
(https://groups.google.com/d/msg/otb-users/PM5XWBrAr3Q/b8qFCkuiBwAJ) where
the author himself mentioned that "h_s will operate on the displacement map
during the segmentation step".

On Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 8:32:34 PM UTC+2, j.sieb...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using LSMSS as part of my Msc. thesis where I apply OBIA on VHR (RGB)
> imagery in an effort to characterize potato plants by their spatial
> features (shape, volume, texture, etc.). So far I'm really impressed by the
> LSMSS tool (and the toolbox in general) but I have a question concerning
> the spatial radius parameter in the second step (coined the grouping step
> in Michel et al., 2015). In that same paper it is mentioned that *all
> *neighboring
> pixels are grouped together if their local (spectral and spatial modes are
> under the set thresholds (*hr and hs).*  Now regarding the *hs *threshold,
> do spatial offsets (from the spatial image/displacement image) get summed
> until the *hs *value has been reached in clusters already determined by
> *hr*? Or are potential clusters determined by (re)gathering all pixels
> that are within that *hs *(and *hr) *threshold for each individual pixel?
> Looking at the lack of *n_iter* variables and the fact that '
> *neighboring'*  pixels are explicitly mentioned, I would think the former
> makes more sense. Am I interpreting it correctly?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jasper

Check the OTB FAQ at
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/FAQ.html