Dear List-
    Way back in OT school (20 years ago) I remember they had a ball bearing
feeder/ mobile arm support for us to play with.  I don't recall ever using
one in practice.  I just got a home health referral on a lady with post polio
syndrome.  She is ambulatory, both UEs essentially flaccid.  15 years ago she
got a feeder and used it with good results.  About 12 years ago a rubber band
broke, and her family started feeding her.  Well now her daughter in law is
ill and the granddaughter who has actually been the main one recently to feed
this lady will go to kindergarten in the fall, so they want to pull the
feeder out.  During the eval visit we played with it a little bit and I think
maybe if I order the little booklet in Fred Sammons we could get it to work.  
The lady is very pleasant and motivated.   But does anyone have any wisdom to
share with me?  Maybe an online support group for post polio syndrome ( for
me right now, not her they aren't hooked up to the internet at their house)  
Thanks -- Jody

Reply via email to