I was going to say that AOTA's Legislative Action Center can be used to compose
letters to Congress to support H.R. 2071, the Medicare Occupational Therapy Coverage
Eligibility Act of 2001.

Here's the link:
http://capwiz.com/aota/issues/alert/?alertid=16132&type=CO&azip=

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/09/01 10:01AM >>>
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/09/01 09:34AM >>>
Goodmorning group,
I have recently made two postings to the group regarding US politics that will effect
the provision of OT services.  The first was regarding a bill in Congress to mak OT a
qualifyier for home health services.  The second was regarding an OIG report that
noted the $1500 caps, which were imoposed and later removed temporarily, did not
effect nursing home patients access to therapy services.  Both reports can be found at
ptmanager.com.  The first is under home health regs and the second can be found under
SNF regs.  I am quite surprised by the lack of response to these postings.  Is the
subscriber base of this service mostly Canadian or of other nationalities other than
the United States.  I assume there are some other US OTs on the list (besides myself).
 We must act now to preserve our profession.  In fact, the whole rehabilitation
industry is under attack.  Anyone whom has worked in a nursing home well knows the
impact of rehab. in such a place.  Work proactively to make sur!
e they are not denied service and that we do not become "extinct" as a profession.
Jimmie Arceneaux, LOTR

http://www.shopping.altavista.com

------

OTnow messages are archived at: