Wow this is really interesting!!!  What organization is this?  I mean I'd like to join?  Do I need to be OTR/OTL in order to join?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello everyone as well,

My name is Carmel Tso, I am from Spore. We had a Asia Pacific OT Conference 2
weeks ago in Spore. It was really interesting! We had pple from south east asia,
taiwan, japan, australia and china as well. Carolyn Baum was the invited
speaker. what was interesting to me the various areas that the OTs were involved
in; stroked rehab for the more developed countries, involvment in policy making,
interdisplinary approach for therapists promoting primary health care services
for the developing countries, countries like nepal were exploring the role of OT
for their pple,... the japanese OT presented a tool for assessment they call it
the kawa river, have you heard of it Makoto? they use the river as a metaphor of
a patient's perception of his condition; rocks representing as barriers that
the person experiencing, ri! verbed as the social support system... all very
philosophical.

since i thought that the group was talking abt culture. i thought this might be
of some interest.

carmel

"Makoto KYOGOKU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>on 30/09/2003 07:13:40 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]